Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Put Your Paws Up.


I have spent the past two nights with someone who has become very important to me, and her name is Lady Gaga. Since I missed The Fame Ball last April, this was my first encounter with Gaga at The Monster Ball on December 13 and 14 at the Bill Graham Civic Auditorium in San Francisco. I spent most of both days in line studying for my first, last, and most important final and waiting all day was so worth it. The show was quite amazing. A very dark show with really amazing visuals. The set list was kind of amazing, the opening number was fantastic, the projections (often my favorite part of a concert) were absolutely wonderful. It's cool because she used most of the same music from The Fame Ball (with the addition of the music from The Fame Monster) and was able to create a show that is entirely different from before with a completely different theme, mood, idea. Gaga has come such a long way in such a short amount of time. I will be going to the shows in San Diego and Los Angeles starting on Saturday and I am so excited to see the show 3 (possibly 4) more times. These concerts are the cap on a truly amazing year. I saw Britney, Kylie, and Gaga all in the same year and have been inspired by all three in such different ways. I am trying to think of a permanent way to remember these shows as they all represent something a little different inside of me.

My final went okay. I am super nervous, I wrote about High School Musical and Beyonce for the essay questions. I will remain anxious as the fate of my academic career kind of relies on this exam. I will be returning home to Los Angeles this Thursday, very excited to see my puppies and the sunshine.



No comments:

Post a Comment